Old June 26th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

Default KAP 140 trouble

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:40:27 +0100, Peter
wrote:

Peter Clark wrote

AFAIK the only time
the KAP140 cares about the altimeter setting and the preselected
altitude is when it's in a capture mode, and it uses it's internal
pressure transducer to maintain altitude.

My KFC225 does the same, and I've had several of the baro transducers
fail.

However, reading later posts, I agree the problem must be in the gray
code connection... this could be within the KAP140 unit though, unless
changing that doesn't make the problem go away.

Aparantly a spare computer was swapped in and there's been no change.
Unless I've missed something here all that's left is the physical
link.