Old July 16th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

Default Officially a Member!

Good for you Doug! I know it took you some time to get the plane you
really wanted but I'm sure you bought the right plane.
Dave
M35

Douglas Paterson wrote:
Well, it's final--as of last Monday, I can post to r.a.OWNing without
feeling like I snuck in.... Yep, I am officially an airplane owner!!

I flew (airlines) to Hartford last Sunday and finalized the sale on Monday.
N2509X is the world's most beautiful aircraft--and, I will brook no argument
to the contrary, at least until after the emergency smile removal surgery is
done! She's a 1990 Socata Trinidad [TB-20]. I spent the week hopscotching
home (Colorado Springs), which is another way of saying I stopped to brag &
show off--er, I mean, "visit and offer rides to" family and friends along
the way. I'm thrilled!

Now, of course, as this group understands better than any, she's not
perfect--I'm developing a squawk list, figuring what to live with and how to
prioritize those I can't, etc. However, overall, I'm quite happy with my
new baby. Thanks to everyone on this group who has provided so much help
over the last year or so that I've been looking, considering, learning, etc.
I'm sure I have much more learning to go, so I doubt I'm done asking the
questions here. Consider yourself warned!!