Old September 21st 03, 03:20 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
Mike Marron wrote:

Oops! Instead of answering the question now you're dodging the
question and putting words in my mouth.

Nope. The questions have been answered about three differenet ways, you
just don't seem to understand the answers.

As far as putting words in your mouth...

I doubted that A) the ECM pod ripped apart from the airframe as you
said,

....and *all* of the reasons you gave for that doubt were based on some
very bad assumptions... which I covered. Multiple times.

and B) the pod fasteners were designed to take shear loads in
the threaded area.

....which is completely wrong. You haven't seen the part of the plane in
question, and you're well, just flat-out wrong. There's no other way to
put it. It's four bolts, run straight into the bottom of the plane.

Period.

I did not "doubt" what you said about them "four bolts running
straight up into the airframe."

See your comment B) above, which contradicts this.

Now, pardon me if I missed something but I respectfully ask you
once again (for my own edification) in your opinion -- was it the
bolts, the design itself or what was the culprit with regards to what
you said about the ECM gear "ripping apart" from the airframe?

As I've said a couple of times, it could have been a number of things,
including the design, wear, corrosion, and G-force.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.