Old September 21st 03, 02:58 PM
Matt A.00 01 is Matthew Ackerman

Peter Stickney wrote:
In article ,
John Penta writes:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:03:05 -0400, (Peter
Stickney) wrote:

I gave up & went with Brassey's instead. Much more information, and
much less pretence.

Yes, but what's the price for Brassey's like in the US?

Let'me check ... The Year 2000 edition listed for about $80.00 US,
less 20% for buying it form a distributer. The technical information
is much more comprehensive than _Jane's_, and covers a much wider
timeframe. (In other words, it has accurate information on older
stuff still in service.)

When you compare it to the new "streamlined" versions of _Jame's_,
going at more than $150.00 US a pop, I know where I'd rather put my
money.

I will say I never considered subscribing to them. Do they give regular
updates between issues for *Subscribers* ? I will have to check out at
least one copy of it and perhaps switch over. It is not a matter of the
money but the information and it being kept updated as to any new
developments that concerns me.

At any rate thanks for the information on an alternative to Jane's. I have
to aggree their level of information has suffered lately.

--
MattA
?subject=HepatitusC-Objectives

Matt's Hep-C Story web pages are back at a home. No more drop down ads
to get in your way.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/matta00

Truth about Howard Aubrey AKA madyan67:
http://www.geocities.com/lord_haha_libeler/