Old August 2nd 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default Short list wanted - popular 4-seat single engine land

"Ray Andraka" wrote

Margy Natalie wrote:

You can't go wrong with a good Navion :-). Decide if you want to spend
your money now or later and then make your choices. If you find one with
an upgraded engine (IO 520 or IO 550) it will cost significantly more than
one with the E series (205 or 225), but the work will have been done for
you. If you get a 205 or 225 plan on upgrading when the engine quits or
needs overhauling. We had a GO-435 that we bought for $35,000 and it
lasted for a number of years before going boom. We spent a lot (didn't
care to keep track) on the new engine, interior, paint, panel, etc., but
that much work didn't really HAVE to get done. It's a great plane.

Margy

And yours is a pretty one too! It was great finally meeting you in real
life!

Same here, both of you.

Hey, Margy: what about that name for 181GS you promised?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM