Old August 2nd 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Brad[_1_]

Default VOR approach SMO

On Jul 23, 12:39 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

However, while taxiing back, I noticed a Gulf Stream land right on the
numbers. There is no way you can tell me he properly flew the approach
and was able to touch on the numbers.

After reading the 123 messages in this thread, I am convinced the
Gulfstream pilot had CFII Gruber for Instrument flight training

In all seriousness, when I first looked at the chart, I read it
correctly, but after examining the multiple astericks, I can now see
how it's possible that this could be confusing. This is just the sort
of example of how the ASRS is useful in identifying safety issues
relating to charting. I wonder if this sort of thing was ever
reported? Nevertheless, I glad to hear someone got NACO charting
involved.