Old October 4th 03, 04:33 PM
Keith Willshaw

"lisieux" wrote in message
om...
Chad Irby wrote in message

. com...

The F-22 is a really, really good aircraft but it's too damn

expensive.
Sixty years ago the Me-262 outclassed almost anything in the sky - but
it was defeated by superior numbers of inferior planes.

There's a difference between having "less" and "not having enough."

The luftwaffe towards the end of WWII were actively pursuing a
strategy of resistance which might involve conflict without access to
any natural or synthetic oil resources.

If by that you mean their aircraft were grounded for lack of fuel
I'll agree. As I recall they issued ground crews with rifles and
used them as infantry.

That tends to suggest that the
Luftwaffe not only sought miracles but were planing on those miracles
the same way the allies depended on routine logistics.

It sounds more like they were out of fuel, pilots and options
to me, everything was in short supply except propaganda.

Keith