Old September 23rd 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Downwind Landings

The pilot in command is responsible for the safety of the flight. If I
arrive at a non towered field and notice the pattern doesn't reflect
the current winds I observe who was there first and in what order, I
then make a radio call announcing my intentions of reversing the
pattern, I let those before me to do whatever please and when its my
turn I fly the pattern that is best for my safety. I dread the thought
of sitting at an FAA/NTSB inquiry and stating the " yeah they were
landing downwind so I did it too" excuse....... Kinda likesaying" all
the others jumped off the cliff so I did it too".. :)..

Ben
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

On Sep 23, 5:26 am, "Oz Lander" wrote:
Kyle Boatright wrote:
And what is the correct radio phraseology to say: "Fellas, it is
time to reverse the pattern - you're taking off and landing
downwind.." ?

This is the part I'm interested in hearing comments on.

--
Oz Lander.
Straight and Level Forum.http://z7.invisionfree.com/Straight_...ex.php?act=idx