Old September 30th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default Bounced Landing

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:36:47 -0700, Phil wrote in
. com:

On Sep 30, 9:53 am, (Scott) wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 05:18:49 -0700, in rec.aviation.piloting, buttman

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:04 pm, Phil wrote:
Is this for real, or has this video been manipulated??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkUt9CzRpg

I've seen that before. Its from a commercial. You can hear the
announcer at the end start to say something. I'm pretty sure it's been
doctored at least somewhat.

I remember seeing somewhere that it was a (large) RC model airplane.
IMO
that would seem to account for the apparent physics of the bounces.

-Scott

That seems like the best explanation. I noticed it says T & W Air on
the fuselage. I can't find any trace of that as a Chinese airline on
the web. But if it's an RC plane, the video must have been doctored
to add the smoke from the tires. I don't think you would get that
much smoke from an RC size plane.

Agreed.

It looks totally photoshopped to me (or CGI).

I doubt that an RC plane--or any full scale!--could plant the mains
like that and get that much of a bounce out of the nose wheel.

Marty
--

If the pilot was on the brakes hard and the airspeed was low enough so the
horizontal tail didn't dampen some of the motion, I think it would be

Then the nose gear would fail...

KB