Old October 1st 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Default Bounced Landing

On Sep 30, 9:37 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Kingfish wrote in news:1191202200.446411.200800
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

On Sep 30, 12:00 pm, "Martin X. Moleski, SJ"
wrote:

It looks totally photoshopped to me (or CGI).

I doubt that an RC plane--or any full scale!--could plant the mains
like that and get that much of a bounce out of the nose wheel.

We've seen this one before in this forum. I think the consensus was an
R/C jet that had some CGI enhancements for the commercial. A real jet
wouldn't oscillate that fast and make those booms every time the nose
gear touched down.

Actually, it probably would.

Plus, there are no brakes on the nose gear, so where does the tire smoke come from after the intial touchdown?

It's plausible that they'd smoke like that with that kind of impact. Large
tires like that take a moment or two to spin up and they get scuffed just
from normal touchdowns.

Some jets do have nosewheel, brakes, BTW, though. don't think the 320 does,
though.

Bertie

If you look at the full clip at the :16 mark the nosewheel locks up
and smokes. Impossible, seeing as the A320 doesn't have nose wheel
brakes like you'd agreed. I'm curious to know what large jets do have
nose wheel brakes? The speed of the plane's bouncing just doesn't look
right.