Old October 4th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Eugene Griessel

Default Anyone recognize this wreck?

Juergen Nieveler wrote:

IL wrote:

http://thismight.be/offensive/upload...eat%20fishing%
20spot.jpg

Folks on the site were guessing Belgrano at first, but quickly came to
conclusion that it's another vessel..

Can't be the Belgrano. She sank in deep water, people had to get into
life rafts.

I doubt anybody would have bothered with land so close ;-)

Also, the disturbance in the water appears to be caused by the bow. The
Belgrano lost hers with the first Torpedo hit.

Crossposted to SMN, maybe somebody recognizes her. Looks like a WW2-
vintage cruiser, and from the shape of the bridge and turrets I'd
hazard that it's either from the Royal Navy or US Navy... but who am I
to judge ;-)

I'd hazard a guess and say it was the Murmansk at Hasvig in Norway.
Wrecked in 1994 while under tow to the breakers in India.

Eugene L Griessel

Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there
are only individuals.

- I usually post only from Sci.Military.Naval -