Old October 12th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa

Default LX 100

On Oct 12, 10:10 am, "Tim Mara" wrote:
LX100 was an older Filser thermister type variometer.....the inputs are
simply static (or TE) and .45 liter capacity....plus of course
Voltage......two capacities are most unusual unless they were both .23 liter
or someone was trying to change the range or speed of the instrument then of
course the scale would be erroneous... the person who installed it may have
been trying also to create a Netto instrument if there are additional lines
and restrictors in the TE (static) inputs...but if you're not sure what was
done I'd simply remove the input lines and replace them as the manual would
have shown to just .45 capacity and TE.....
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

"Ian Cant" wrote in message

Does anyone happen to know how a LX 100 vario works,
and what inputs it needs ?

After a happy hour on my back with flashlight and mirror
trying to decipher the plumbing, I think mine is connected
only to 12V and two separate capacity bottles. That
seems strange, but it works. Can anyone tell me how
? Alternatively, if I have misread the spaghetti,
please let me know about it.

Would it work better if it had a TE input ?

Ian-

We have one of these installed on the Freedom's Wings Canada Twin
Astir. I'd like to have a manual to understand what the small switch
on the right side is supposed to do. Does anyone have a copy scanned?