Old November 6th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,aus.aviation
mrtravel

Default Boeing admits 787 strategy flawed

wrote:
To clarify:

On the 777 program (which I worked on) all of the systems engineering
and integration work was done in-house. In an effort to reduce costs,
Boeing decided to try pushing more of the systems engineering down
onto the suppliers (Honeywell, Collins, Smiths, etc.).

Most of the engineers that I worked with at Boeing felt this was a
mistake, as the suppliers tend to be self-serving and don't always
have Boeing's best interest in mind.

Isn't this also true of groups inside Boeing?
Surely it doesn't just apply to the former MD employees.