Old November 7th 07, 03:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Square Wheels[_3_]

Default Martin Mars at Lake Elsinore #5

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:09:09 +0000, SHIVER ME TIMBERS wrote:

Square Wheels wrote:

But according to news reports, BC did send several similar aircraft,
probably from other companies or the Canadian Forces.

I thought that Quebec sent a couple of the Canadair
215 ( radial ) or 415 ( turboprop ).

But an interesting curious question based on your comments.

Does the Canadian Forces have fire fighting aircraft.

I wasn't aware that they did.... but what do I know.

More than I do likely; I'm not an 'aircraft-guy', I just like looking at
the pix and learning whatever I can....

My best friend was a commercial pilot until he developed pigmentary
glaucoma, a friend and colleague is a commercial pilot and has
written several books on aircraft and aircraft incidents, and my
cousin was a highly-decorated fighter pilot in Viet Nam, so I definitely
have an interest, just no particular talent for understanding it all that
well......

But, I digress.

I was certain I had seen nice CF-looking gray cargo-type planes dumping
borate and water on forest fires here, but evidently not.

I think they should know he

http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/jobs...&bhfv=2&bhqs=1

but nary a mention....

Eh bien, liver and loin, live and learn,

SW

I should have been more clear on that point.

Oh I was just having a little fun too.

I can't remember just how many of the Martin Mars were built
but it was a small number I'm sure.

And I'm sure some kind sole will place the answer here...

--
The quality of our thoughts is bordered on all sides by our facility with
language.

-J. Michael Straczynski, author (b.1954)