Old November 18th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Sears tools

"Ernest Christley" wrote

I baby my batteries with the tenderest of loving care. I made two battery
packs last 10 years, using it for nearly everything, and the batteries
were still good enough to pass on to a brother-in-law.

The new set was shot in six months. From Ron's experience, it may be that
DeWalt has de-emphasized their 9V line.

Could be; I know they want your to buy the 16 volt ones, and now, the 24
volt ones.

It could be that they are pushing a 9 volt pack too hard during charging.
The same charger is used for 9.6 to 18 volt, I know for a fact. Perhaps
that is too many volts to feed into the 9.6 batteries.
--
Jim in NC