Old December 8th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
JohnO

Default A/W-95 Helicopter by A-B Helicopters

On Dec 8, 6:48 am, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:
Richard Riley wrote:

Small helicopters are FAR harder to fly than large ones. I've had the
opportunity to fly a Blackhawk for a half hour or so, and have a dozen
hours in Robinson R-22's. The Robinsons are good trainers because if
you can fly one, you can fly any helo out there. It's like ballancing
a broom vrs. ballencing a pencil.

I would imagine a single place homebuilt would be much more difficult
to fly than a Robinson.

You are so right. I got to fly a 206 for about 30 minutes a year or so ago.
All of my previous helicopter flight had been in an R-22. With the exception
of some systems operations which is "book learning" stuff the 206 was much
eaiser to fly.

I'd expect the same but am told the somewhat more flimsy and
underpowered Rotorway ships are easier to hover than a Robbie.