Old December 8th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default ANY South East Florida Hangar Space?

On Dec 7, 9:07 pm, CriticalMass wrote:
wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there is any hangar space available in south
east florida?

I'm not in SE Fla, I'm in Tx, but this kind of BS is typical of why I
sold my last plane and got out of aviation. Bottom of the food chain
access to critical stuff we gotta' have, like hangars, avionics and
other maintenance, insurance and fuel prices going outta' sight...TFRs,
yada, yada......not worth the hassle.

Life as we knew it is gone forever.

I know it's frustrating, flying is really becoming a "rich man's
hobby", but I am still trying to continue to fly. I just retired and
am moving down to south east Florida. I have found two hangars
available at $550 and $600 a month. I am in NY and these are high even
by NY standards. I am still looking and if anyone can give me a lead I
would be grateful. I have a small 1946 Ercoupe and would even consider
sharing a hangar with someone. I think $250-300 a month would be
considered a reasonable amount. Any comments appreciated.
Dave N415DK