Old December 25th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Default Flying in Germany

schrieb:
Pretty interesting, didn't realize the rules are so bizarre in
Germany.

this is not only true for Germany.

AOPA would probably love to publish this.. with the dollar so
weak, it would be a steal for Europeans

It was already cheaper back then when the dollar was pretty expensive.

and others to come to the US for flight training.

I know more than 10 people personally who *did* that back then (myself
included [1]) but excluded this country for a couple of years now for
further visits (not only for flying but also for leisure/pleasure).

I know only 2 guys personally who visited in resent years. One was there
for a type rating. It was OK, but he felt not really (hmm, what is the
correct word for this situation?) happy anymore - compared to his
earlier visits. The other one had to visit for business purpose (he is a
university professor in chemistry) and he had some bizzare experiences
and stories to tell.

#m

[1] I did it in 2002 (and earlier, too). Whith the money I spent then
I'd today fly probably double the hours.