Old January 4th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Default Twit filtering

Maybe MI5 can simply take him out. Problem solved

Anthony W wrote:
For what it's worth I did a Google search on our friendly MI5twit and it
seems he is a well know delusional paranoid and the British government
agency he is screaming about doesn't give a rats ass about him and odds
are would like him to shut up as much as we do. I skimmed over a couple
of his messages looking for things to filter on and it's pretty obvious
that he's out to lunch; the uni-bomber made more sense.

For us Thunderbird users there isn't much we can do to filter him out as
TB doesn't support wild cards in the filter string. According to one of
the developers this twit as caused increasing pressure for this feature
and the next version is supposed to support more filtering options. I
don't know if other mail readers give much better twit filter support
but odds are if they don't, the publishers of these programs are likely
getting flack for it.

I've started adding the first server he's using to the from filter in
TB's newsgroup filter. I only got a couple of his last barrage so I'm
hoping it's working. There may be some collateral damage with this
approach but I can live without a few posts from the UK. It seems this
twit is known to search newsgroups for chatter about him to get ideas on
how to beat the twit filters. hopefully this message flies under his
radar.

In an odd ironical way, the mi5twit is doing us a favor by getting twit
filtering on newsgroup readers improved.

Tony

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/