Old January 7th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Vaughn Simon

Default Thinking about buying a Zodiac XLi

"Gig601XLBuilder" wrote in message
Strange because the Spar is under your knees.

OK, then SOMETHING hits you right in the middle of the back.

You think it sucks to close you ought to try building it.

I have no doubt! Even the simplest canopies are a bear to build. At least
the Zodiac canopy is hinged in the front. I am a "glider guy" & I can tell you
confidently that any other configuration is an accident waiting to happen.

Are they making any of the factory built LSAs with dual stick?

Without dual controls, how would you use it as a trainer? ...or even safely
check out a rental pilot?

Vaughn