Old January 17th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Barry

Default Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

Its very, very common for students to forget to pull the gear
up on missed, I"m sure adding complexity with flaps would make that
worse.

For this reason I think it's sometimes a good idea to teach a student to use
flaps on approach. If the training is in a fixed-gear but the pilot plans to
fly a retractable later on, using flaps from the beginning helps establish the
habit of reconfiguring the airplane at (or near) the FAF and again on the
missed.