Old January 19th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steven Barnes

Default Cherokee 6

The older 235's have the same airframe as our 180. Too cramped. To get the
larger airframe in a Dakota type plane, puts us out of our price range.

I'm going to call our old insurance company for a rough quote to see where
we're at in a Six.

"Mark Hansen" wrote in message
On 01/18/08 13:56, JGalban via AviationKB.com wrote:
Steven Barnes wrote:
My partners & I sold our Cherokee 180 a couple months ago & have begun
looking for a C-182 (fits our mission profile). A local mechanic also
recommended a Cherokee 6. Most we've looked at have been a bit outside

of
our price envelope. We've now found one that's in our price range.
Anyone have any recommendations of things to look for in a 260 HP Six?
Gotchas? None of us know much about the Six. Two of us have hi-perf in

182s.

If your mission fits the C-182, you may also want to take a look at

the
235 hp version of the 4-seat Cherokee (variously known as the
235/Charger/Pathfinder/Dakota). The Six is good if you need the extra

seats.
If you can do with 4 seats, the 235 hp Cherokee is more along the lines

of a
C-182 in terms of both capabilities and price.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Isn't there a large difference in insurance requirements/premiums between

a 4 and
a 6-seat airplane as well?

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers