Old January 25th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Default Q: C-152 spin characteristics

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
news
gatt wrote:
There should be NO "cockpit object" in the airplane with you in an
aircraft you have prepared properly for giving dual in spins,ready
to "fall under the rudder pedal or something".

Yeah, good point. I should mention "securing the cockpit for
aerobatic maneuvers" in the lesson plan/checklist.

I watched a video once of some Blue Angels practicing when a team
member had planted a sandwich in the cockpit of one of the other
planes. The pilot executed a roll and you could plainly see the
sandwich floating across the cockpit. Pretty funny but I don't think
I'd want that happening to me while performing formation aerobatics.

It's a PITA. Coins, nutas and bolts, dirt from the carpets and your shoes.
There's a lot to be said for ding them in open cockpit airplanes, You can
clean them out first roll anyway!

Bertie