Old February 1st 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default SPOT GPS

What and have any random joe delete emails or find out where peoeple
are?

People who are clever enough to buy a SPOT should be able to work out
how to send emails messages to one or more friends (or their local FBO/
glider port operator can provide an email address) nothing that
actually needs any central coordination. And see Tom Serkowski's (5Z)
earlier SPOT email filter comments.

And importantly again, automatic tracking messages don't get sent to
via email or SMS messages. Those are the most interesting to me and
many other users. For those you need to provide whoever is going to be
tracking you login access to your SPOT account. Having to provide this
login into your main account is an oversight with the SPOT service and
something they need to change.

Darryl

On Jan 31, 4:29 pm, chris wrote:
On Jan 31, 8:38 am, " wrote:

On Jan 28, 10:13 am, " wrote:

Check this out:http://www.darrylramm.com/

Or this:http://solution.allthingsd.com/20080...thout-a-phone/

Maybe we should set up a public access email address for all glider
pilots to send Spot messages to.
Something like a Gmail ".
Every pilot could include this address to get the tracking info [in
addition to their friends & family].
Then if a pilot goes missing we could all log into the email account
[shared password] and look for messages from the missing pilot's Spot.

We would all know at least 1 place to go get the info.

Or maybe we could at least set something like this up for contests, or
clubs. But 1 central resource would help a lot.

Chris