Old March 25th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

Default A.N.N. BUSTED! Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

On Mar 25, 1:53*pm, Peter Clark
wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:49:07 -0000, Jim Logajan

On 2008-03-25, Jim Logajan wrote:
Okay - now - why is the story being rehashed at just this time? Any
of you students of life care to raise a hand and give an answer? ;-)

Would you Zoom-bashers (and I'm not contesting whether you're right to
do so or not!) PLEASE explain why AOPA is raising the same concerns,
if the whole thing is just a Zoom vendetta?

I am not a "Zoom-basher". This is the first time I've ever looked into an
issue related to Jim Campbell. I've been posting to Usenet for many years
and have never previously discussed anything about this fellow and
otherwise could care less. I do have issues with deceptive "journalism"
though.

Zoom Campbell may well be a kook. Phil Boyer is not.

But Phil Boyer can be mistaken or otherwise taken in by deliberately
deceptive reporting. Have you seen any mention of this alleged issue on,
say, AvWeb or EAA's web sites?

Florida DOR can derail the entire thing by publishing on letterhead
something that says "Merely entering the state of Florida for vacation
or training in an aircraft that has changed hands within the last six
months will not neccessarily incur the state use tax" and listing the
specific conditions (based in FL, registered to a FL address, etc)
which would lead to the tax assessment, but they haven't done that
either.- Hide quoted text -

You guys are missing the boat a little bit. The Fla tax code reads."
If a plane is flown into the state for the intent of doing business
the owner/s are liable for paying the tax. " Even if it is for a day
or a week. Now imagine all the new aircraft that are being flown in to
demo, display and participate in the Sun and Fun fly in that are out
of state registered. By the current tax code the Fla dept of revenue
has every right to ramp check and impose said tax on those aircraft.
You can spin it any way you want and Zoom might be" less then
honerable" but the current law is what it is.....
YMMV.