Old April 5th 08, 08:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How much longer?

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 02:47:30 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

With Avgas topping five bucks a gallon, I find myself asking: How much more
will it take before GA is completely unaffordable? At what price point
will all the current "weekend pilots" be driven from the market?

Cheer up Jay, it won't be much longer and you'' be paying that for the
auto gas.

Example: While on our trip back from Florida a couple of weeks ago, we paid
$5.20 per gallon in St. Louis. Since we needed 60 gallons, we paid over
$300 for a single tank of gas -- something I *never* thought I'd see.

You should fly something with big gas tanks plus tip tanks.:-))

That price has more than doubled in just the last few years, and there
appears to be no end in sight. So the question is: How much higher must gas
go up before *you* hang up your headphones for the last time? Anyone care
to predict what year the last personal flights will occur in America?

Some are calling for complete independence from foreign oil within a
decade which we need to do. Think gas is expensive now? wait until we
are using renewable fuels.