Old May 17th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kobra

Default garmin 496 - truning on and off mo xm subscription services....

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
I am about to activitate my garmin 496 weather and music features
w the xm folks...

I am going to use the "full blown" weather service @ $50 + $7 for the
radio feature.....

Two questions...1) if I know I am not going to use the features for
say
2 months ( or longer ) ...can I temp. turn on and shut off w/out
penalities
or fees?

Or, does one need to keep going, month to month using the services it
or not?...and 2) whats the music quality like on the radio side? How
do
folks listen to the music ? ... Get a good set of headphones?
Portable
speakers? Or just use the built in factory speaker?.......

As always...thanx for ideas, comments, and tips.....

The music quality is exceptional.

You can turn off the full blown Aviator features for a time and reactivate
it without penalty last I heard, but they said that if you do this too much
they will charge an activation fee of 75.00. What is "too much" I can't
tell you.

I have a Zulu headset and use the Bluetooth feature to listen to the audio.
It sounds three times better then the Bose X. I also bought a Bluetooth
adaptor from Jabra that I plug into the back of the 396. Works great. I
also have central music through my PS Engineering 8000B audio panel so all
4 seats can listen. If I'm alone prefer the BT method because I don't have
to use any wires.

Kobra