Old June 1st 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

Default I give up, after many, many years!

On Jun 1, 3:04 am, Tina wrote:
On Jun 1, 5:37 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

terry writes:
I dont doubt you analysed it Anthony, but you still havent seen, or
aren't willing to admit , that you had it all wrong. Now what has the
SOURCE of the air pressure got to do with the discussion?

A great deal. Without gravity, air pressure would be zero, and volume would
be infinite.

As a student pilot, if you have no gravity, you could
have smaller wings on your airplane, right?

Well, no. The gas 'laws' are approximations and fail to be predictive
except within certain ranges, just as Newtonian physics are valid only
in certain ranges..

Doing wing sectional sims, I used the centrifugal
force of the displaced air over the wing surfaces.
It is a fairly simple algorithm, in accord with physics,
and works surprisingly well.
It also stalls well, since Energy=Force x distance,
and once the airstream kinetic energy is bled off,
the airstream reverses and follows the wing to
give turbulence. Good Stuff.
Ken