Old June 4th 08, 10:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Big John

Default Different aircraft design.

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:46:51 -0700 (PDT), bizguy
wrote:

I apologize if this is too far off topic as this is not a homebuilt
for sure. Useful for education. It is interesting in the design and
efficiency of operation. I am surprised that it has not made the
commercial market place with our increasing fuel costs.

http://www.ekip-aviation-concern.com/

Harold Hoffmann

I built a gas powered radio controlled model airplane of somewhat
similar shape for my son in law who wanted to build a home built
(flying saucer).

I found that it was only stable in pitch when it had a positive angle
of attack. If I increased speed and flattened the AOA out I reached a
point where it would tuck very rapidly and go ape. Suffice to say, my
son in law did not build it as a man carrying vehicle.

All of that being said, it might be possible to use flyby wire and
computer (like F-16) and fly it on the edge of tuck???? and not with a
high AOA and high drag associated with the high AOA???

Big John