Old June 27th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Depression after Washing

Charles Talleyrand wrote:

It's not old paint. The paint is probably only six years old. My car
is also six years old, but I know I can replace my car when ever I get
sick of it. Planes are not so easy to exchange, and I would just get
another old plane anyway. At least this one has very few non-cosmetic
squawks (dang nose wheel shimmy).

I could rent and save money and still fly the same amount, but then I
would not have pride of ownership. I have a $20,000 Cessna 150. It
flies just fine but the cosmetics just don't touch a $20,000 car.
This reduces the pride of ownership and makes me more likely to sell
and rent. Of course renting is a pain in the butt here (there is one
plane; everyone must share it).

-still sad

There's always the option to repaint.