Old June 29th 08, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

Default what airplane engine this could be?

On Jun 29, 8:12*pm, Mario wrote:
Hello,

We found this engine under the Central South Italian adriatic sea
coast. We would
like to know to what airplane it may belong. People from the area say
B-17 flying fortress
but I dont think so because from the image I see it is a 7 cylinder
engine and the
B-17 used the 9 cylinder, I think it belongs to a smaller airplane.
What engine you think it is? To what world war II plane it may belong?
I could dive again in that site, what kind of further info you may
need to try
to identify the engine and possible airplane type?

Look at the pics hehttp://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...i-motore/?albu...

Mario

A bit of googling suggests 7 cylinder radials were quite common. Here
are a few suggestions you might want to look further into
1. The Cessna T50 was a US transport aircraft during WW2
2. The British Airspeed Oxford and Avron Anson both used 7 cylinder
radials

Good luck with your search. Did you not find any other parts of the
aircraft?
Terry
PPL Downunder