Old July 2nd 08, 05:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Default Why the yEnc?

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Wayne Paul" wrote in
m:

No matter how "superior" the yEric format, the majority of the user
group shouldn't be expected to install additional software to view a few
pictures. It's simple, if a person wants the majority of the people to
see their pictures ... don't post them in yEnc format.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Wayne,

Not liking one mans politics is ok, but blowing this out of proportion
will
turn this into a blood-sport.

When I say yEnc saves time, how does that translate to being superior
software? Who is forcing the "majority" as you put it to install
additional
software? Your not being forced into anything. If a different transfer
method bugs you, don't use it. The picture is still a GIF, JPG, whatever.

Remember when we used Z-Modem and X-Modem to transfer? Let's go back to
basics and only use ascii.

I see people using PGP. Does anyone whimper about that? Of course not!

The only reason I have ever heard for not using yEnc is because some
people
are content to use older software. That's wonderful. Use it and be happy
but quit whinning when I an others prefer using a time-saving tool.

If you feel that beating your chest and plonking people are the only way
eliminate the pain and suffering you feel for not being able to decode
what
you COULD decode then have at it. Do I loose S&H greenstamps or something
for being plonked? Plonk me daily, I do not care.

You seem to forget this is not a private moderated newsgroup where there
are rules and such. It's an open public newsgroup shared by hundreds
perhaps thousands of newsgroup providers around the world.

WOW ....What in the world was so fanatical about what I said that it spawned
that. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. I will do so in the
future.

Honestly, I really don't know what participate such a strong response. Do
you write yEnc software or something? If so, no offense was intended.

I fly old gliders, run old tube based ham radio equipment, still use use an
old Compaq Aero 1500 PDA and use a first generation digital camera. I am
getting the place in my life-cycle where many classify me as old. So no one
should be surprised that my PC software isn't new.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/