Old July 15th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Largest conventional-gear airplane

gatt wrote in
:

Dale wrote:

The B-17 is a pretty nice airplane to fly however. Ailerons heavy as
heck, rudder not so bad, elevator pretty light. I've flown one in
xwinds up to 40 knots (only about 30 degrees cross) and while it
makes you work it doesn't take superman....but like any t/w airplane
you gotta stay ahead of her.

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing. I'm envious; such a magnificent
airplane. It's not the most beautiful multi-engine airplane ever built
I don't know what is.

-c

I'd vote ofr the DeHavilland Mosqito, or this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_zNrj0GpM

Bertie