Old July 16th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Good for two more years...

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:22:21 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:1jkfk.20622$%q.7899
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Um, are you doing a flight chekc for the CFI of just the written?

Bertie

Like you really give a ****.

I'm a flight instructor.

You?

Bertie

hey bertie. since you're a flight instructor ....do the yanks still do
the short course for an FAA licence based on a foreign licence?
the sorta thing you used to be able to do at oshkosh.
or have idiots like maxie and the 9/11 thing killed it forever?

something I'd like to do when I get to the US again.

I dont think you need a course. You just get a US licence based on your
own national licence.I think there's some lead in time so they can check
you out or something, but I think there's no testing in it. You need to
give the district office near where you're going a coll a few months
beforehand, I think. They can tell you better'n me anyway.

Bertie