Old August 16th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Right Rudder

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
5.205...
"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote
I have a hard time with new CFI's
who can't teach a forward slip without the longitudinal axis going 10
degrees off line.

Is there something here that I don't understand? In a forward slip to
a landing (to lose altitude), of course the longitudinal axis is not
aligned with the runway. The axis and runway SHOULD be aligned in a
side slip (crosswind correction). Did I misread something?

No, you got it right. Apparently the OP doesn't quite have a handle or
doesn't understand what he's trying to teach.