Old August 13th 08, 09:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default unpacking RAR was:Can't see NASA shuttle pic

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:43:29 GMT, Casey Tompkins
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:31:49 -0700, Hap wrote:

To clarify authenticity and recovery options are available in WinRAR
but TMK it isn't able to make use of .par2 files. A person would want
QuickPar to first rejoin the .rar volumes back to a single 4.7GB (!!)
.rar, and then use WinRAR or it's equivalent to unpack the archive.
I'd be interested to know if something has changed.

No, you don't need the .par files, nor do you need to rebuild it into
one giant .RAR files. Just (assuming you want to burn the bandwidth)
d/l all the parts, right-click on part1, and select "Extract files."

I agree that more than one .RAR would have been more workable. That's
one big puppy.

I was missing 15 parts. Quickpar ran through it and recreated those
parts using the pars. It did NOT create a huge rar file.

Reboot - to kick a computer in such a way that it turns off and then on again.