Old August 21st 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Default Keep TSA away from aircraft

I just read on AVweb 14 American Eagle acft were damaged at ORD by a
TSA inspector using TAT probes as handholds to "test the security of
the aircraft from tampering". 40 flights were delayed while the
aircraft were inspected.

"Our inspector was following routine procedure for securing the
aircraft that were on the tarmac," TSA official Elio Montenegro told
ABC. However, "There is a sign that clearly says don't step," Mary
Frances Fagan, a spokeswoman for American Airlines, which operates
American Eagle, told the Chicago Tribune. TSA workers will be
retrained to ensure that the problem doesn't happen again, Montenegro
said.

So now the TSA is going to train its monkeys not to use aircraft as a
jungle gym? This is what happens when you take someone with zero
aviation background and put them in an airport ramp environment.
Anybody with any experience around airplanes knows not to manhandle
the pointy things hanging off airplanes. This goes beyond ignorant,
it's sheer stupidity. Our tax dollars hard at work, keepinp us all
safe. Not.