Old September 3rd 08, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default Ren Yenc

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 07:13:07 -0400, michael hoare wrote
(in article ):

so now im being ignored what a great news group this is
MH

Gee, son, I'm not ignoring you. I'm pitying you.

You're reaping what so many other clueless MSOE users have sown by their
intemperate rants against YENC (and other useful techniques). I, for one,
would be more inclined towards paying attention to what they (and you) want
if only they had not started off by accusing me of all kinds of things on no
basis whatsoever other than I posted using YENC. When they did that, they
poisoned the well... and now they (and you) get to drink deep.

I repeat: MSOE is a crippled newsreader. I've posted before what the minimum
requirements for a real newsreader are; MSOE fails on all counts. If MSOE
meets your requirements, by all means continue to use it... just don't expect
any sympathy if other people, using real newsreaders, do so in ways that
cause trouble for crippled newsreaders. We who use real newsreaders do not
_have_ to accommodate you who use crippled ones. You do _not_ get a vote on
what I post, when I post it, and what techniques I use to post it. If you do
not wish to use something which can download it, despite the swarm of
cheap/free real newsreaders available for Windows and Mac and (probably,
given the Tux mentality, I don't do penguins so I don't know for sure,
corrections invited) Linux, you are free to do so... Too bad that you won't
be able to see the pix, but that's your choice. Just as you can't make me
post using techniques you like, I can't make you use a real newsreader. I
can, however, ensure that it will be difficult for you to see my stuff if you
don't. You no like? Me no care.

And, oh, yeah... Alan-me-lad, have you contacted Newsguy about my 'forged'
headers yet?

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading some
other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does
it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really dont
see the point of it all
Mick H