Old September 29th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default PA-28-180 Low power query

David Lesher wrote:

: Can you make a static test? Tie tail to large spring scale/load cell,
: run it up and observe result...

: [This is inspired by my memory of a drag test on the Gossamer Condor;
: they used a spring scale in the tow line...]

: Then at least you can examine variable without test flights.
: --
I could, but aside from the variable of changing to a different propeller, a static runup will basically tell me the same thing.
Besides, I'm out of ideas on what to try (except for the hydraulic lifters which I meantioned in my first email).

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, PPSEL-IA *
* Research Associate, Vibrations and Acoustics Laboratory *
* Mechanical Engineering *