Old November 2nd 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike

Default Talking to departure control

wrote in message
I'm not from the US, but just wondering if you depart ifr from an
airport and tower tells you to contact departure, I know that you
check in with callsign, altitude through, and cleared altitude.

But I was wondering if the AIM recommends anywhere also to include the
departure runway and the departure airport too.

While you are waiting for your IFR departure clearance, the tower controller
is talking to the departure controller via landline. The departure
controller tells the tower controller what heading and altitude to give you.
So departure already knows where you're supposed to be going and as he is
the one who released you, he already knows where you're coming from as well.

All you need to do is give the standard information for a handoff.