Old November 16th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default The Ten O'clock Pills

On Nov 15, 8:57*pm, Flyingmonk wrote:

.... you'll come out of this just fine we are pulling for you and
thanks for keeping us informed. *We are learning not only about making
airplanes from you, we are also learning about VW engines, green horn
worms and first hand (almost) about cancer.

Dear Monk (an Friends),

Yes, there is more to Aviation than driving an aeroplane :-)

It is Sunday morning here, just past 1000 (ie, 10:00 a.m.). I had a
very good night: NO PAIN. I awoke in the night BEFORE the pain
reached a significant level, allowing me to take some slow-release
pain-killers. I stayed awake, working on the drawings for a Do-it-
yourself Gascolator until the drugs began to kick-in, then put my head
down and got an additional four hours of delicious sleep.

I know that sounds a bit silly -- praising a couple hours of sleep --
but it was a significant event in my cancer-altered life.
When the day begins well, I am filled with confidence, ready to
tackle the do-able projects -- projects I can do sitting down --
with New Zealand energy. (Old Marine Corps joke there.)

-Bob