Old December 4th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default Slingsby Skylarks....

On 2 Dec, 18:14, "Tim Mara" wrote:
good to know ...this is a very nice flying, (slow) older vintage
glider....easy to fly, climbs on a Bee's fart..but not a real speedy ship I
remember 75-76 knots is about top speed...faster than that the wing tips
twist enough to keep you at 76 knots..then they act like spoilers )

When I was looking for a glider I was offered a Skylark 4 special
which had been built for a competition (worlds?) in the USA. Big
thermals, high cloudbase so running was more important than climbing
and it had NO washout at all in the tips. Apparently it went like a
witch but would flick into spin without warning if you were unwise
enough to thermal below 50kt...

Ian