Old January 9th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Azusa drum brakes

"Brad" wrote in message
Anyone out there have any experience with Azusa drum brakes?

thanks,
Brad

Most interesting, and No, I have no experience with them. But I recognize
them from the plans for the KR-2 as the originally specified braking system.
They are obviously much more compact, when sized to fit inside the wheel
rim, than the side mounted disk brakes and were intended to provide the
lowest practical drag for the partially retracting main undercarriage of the
KR-2; but are reputed to provide comparatively inferior braking.

Less obviously; it mounted inside of a pressure recovery type wheel faring
on a fixed undercariage, it would be difficult to find any aerodynamic
difference.

Peter