Old February 3rd 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

Default Errors accessing FAA's Pilotweb

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

The concern in this case is that you could visit a bogus site and receive
bogus information, if not necessarily malware per se (although that's also a
possibility, albeit unlikely for this type of site).

Funny, that's not what you said befo

The serious consequence of accepting a bogus certificate authority is that
your computer can be infected with malware after you have done so. If you
enjoy identity theft, credit-card fraud, or reinstalling machines to
eliminate
malware, that is your prerogative, but most people don't enjoy that.

Sure is a huge leap from "infected with malware... identity theft,
credit-card fraud" to "bogus information [for which there would be
absolutely no consequences]". I guess consistency is too much to ask
from you.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth