Old March 14th 09, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Manual fuel transfer pumps

wrote:

How about this:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ocs3

That actually shows promise....This pump you've
found might in fact be made of fuel tolerant material since it's
marketed as a fuel specific pump. It's cheap, simple, lightweight...
I'm going to have to get my hands on one and check it out. Thanks for
bringing it to my attention. I was ready to give in and go electric
but this would be great if it checks out.,

Go ahead and give it a shot (since it's cheap enough), but it looks like
the one I bought at Cabella's a year or so ago for tanking up my Fly
Baby. Leaked like a sieve. Gave up on it within 15 seconds.

A friend of mine used a marine bilge pump for years to fill his T-18,
AFAIK, he didn't have any problems with it. This looks like what he was
using:

http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=86244F

They've even got an all-aluminum model for about a hundred bucks mo

http://www.thebosworthco.com/product...-H&Num=&S=1483

The manufacturer claims the pumps do not react to gasoline, but do not
recommend them for transferring fuel.

Ron Wanttaja