Old July 9th 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

Default Glider insurance

Liam wrote:
On Jun 21, 9:29 am, " David Ecentral news"
wrote:
Maybe I am in error, and if so I apologize, but I cannot help but think the
good ol' insurance companies may be trying their usual rip-offs. As a renter
I am asked to have $20,000 hull insurance on an FBO G-103 so I can take the
occasional friend up into the aerospace - no problems - seems fair to the
FBO.

Perhaps you do not understand the policy (or perhaps I don't :-) ). The
typical renter policy protects you from subrogation. The glider is
insured by the FBO and in case of accident, the company will pay the FBO
and then the insurer will come after *you* to recover its costs. THAT is
what you are being protected from.

Tony