Old August 14th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Gaines[_2_]

Default Smoking, etc. in cockpit

Many years ago, there was a 2-22 in Northern Mississippi. It was nothing
but frame. No skin. Seems a cigarette was dropped and it caught fire in
flight.
GA

One of our local legends, Bob Fitch, used to smoke cigarettes (forget
the brand, maybe Belairs?) in his glider. I was flying behind him on
final glide into Elmira one day when the glider started some really
crazy pitch and roll departures from level. Turned out he dropped a
lit one down around where his pee tube should be if you get my
drift...

P3