Old October 18th 09, 11:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Sveinson

Default Low Super Hornet

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Glenn" wrote in message

Hey! The backseat is empty! Too bad. I would have enjoyed the ride!

Nick

There is a Spifire in England that with others were
modified for the Irish Air Force so that the instructer
can go with the students to see how they are doing.

This Spitfire ML 407, went to war in Normandy,
although not as a two seater.
Its wartime livery IIRC was an Australian squadron.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDbc5cCM0XA&NR=1

` This Spit was salvaged and brought to Duxford IIRC
by Nick Grace
where it was restored, and test flown
. Shortly after this Nick Grace was killed in a car
accident..

The Spit now belongs to his wife Carolyn Grace,
who has enough edorsements on her
pilot's that she can take passengers.

Some of her endorsements include aerobatics,
squadron aerobatics.
A 30 minute flight will cost somewhat more
than 1,500 British Pounds.

I think that it was in 2006 or 2007 that
I finally got off my tail and applied for a ride.

I was then told that there could be a three to five
year wait.
Last friday I received an update and was asked to
email them if I am still interested.
OH YES I AM.

They promise to give me a 3 or 4 week
warning for my flight.
And my weight could not exceed 14,stones ( a stone being 16
pounds). I may have my stones and other things confused
and they WILL WEIGH ME before the flight. I wonder
how much I will weigh after the flight!!

My hands are just getting all sweaty again
just thinking about it!!

Robert

I think that their web site can be found using
google!