Old November 15th 09, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default Spam & Filth

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
:

On 13 Nov 2009 11:00:48 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
m:

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 06:56:50 -0600, Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

hielan' laddie wrote in
:

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:27:13 -0500, Kahuna wrote
(in article ):

What can be done about the flood of rubbish in this group?

It's not really kiddie porn, it's _worse_: it's a Trojan
pretending to be kiddie porn.

The person posting it uses usenetserver.com. That news feed has an
abuse notification address, but does not do anything about
complaints. This particular spammer has been sending Trojans
pretending to be kiddie porn out for well over six months using
various fake addresses. So far his server declines to do anything
about it.

You can filter based on various items. Right now 'movie' is in the
subject line of each post, so a filter on that will kill all his
posts. Be advised that he changes his subject line style to avoid
filters; it used to be that 'avi' was in every subject line so a
filter on that would kill them all. Be advised that filtering on
'movie' will also filter innocent posts with that string in their
subject lines.

If your NNTP client is capable of it, you could filter on
usenetserver.com. This would kill all his stuff, no matter what
subject line he used. It would also kill stuff from anyone else
who used the same server. It would be your decision as to whether
or not the collateral damage is worth it.

I don't follow that many binary groups, so I just sort for size,
look in the 1,000- to 2,300-line range, and mark as read all the
off-topic stuff. It stands out through his predictable nyms and
subject lines.

I only track a few binary groups as well; using Agent I just do a
Mk.I eyeball scan of the headers and make sure I don't mark the bad
stuff for body download.

That, and ask the cosmos to arrange an unfortunate shaving accident
for the turd posting the stuff. Can't hoit...

Bob ^,,^

Bob
If you can find him we can send a couple of big guys with bats to see
him
and covince physically or otherwise to curtail his abusive activities

I see your plan - invite him to play baseball and see how many home
runs we can get with his head...

Actually I though they may mistake hands and knees for baseballs But I
guess the head would work a bit better