Old December 11th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Gas Strut- SZD-59 Canopy?

The strut on the SZD 55 is rated at 390N. If I remember about 23N per
pound. Mine is bult by Fiat Nr. 5.26.200/4369120.
I ordered it thru dealer in Canada, and took only about three weeks.
Price wasn't that bad.

Paul SZD

Thanks for the infos. The strut in the 59 is one in the same, but it
is actually made by Suspa- for Fiat. Too bad Suspa can't make sense of
the numbers, since there is one more variable to deal with besides the
size, stroke, and force. The force is not linear, and depending how
much oil is in the body, the compressed force can range from 30-80%
higher than the rated force. If Suspa could identify it by the
numbers, the spring is a $15 part...

Luckily Windpath got back to me quickly, and you're right... not a bad
price. $105 inc shipping, and is already on it's way.

Thanks All,
-Paul